Friday, February 15, 2002

Okay, a few quick thoughts before I go to bed. First, a thought occurred to me today at dinner while talking with JTT. I remembered when the Players would pray before every show ... those weren't the best times of prayer, but year after year one thing happened at all of them that I think I will remember for a long time yet: seniors who had decided to do drama for the first time in their last year always - always - said "this is the best thing that's happened to me at Chaminade. I wish I'd decided to do it earlier." This from the same company which had all the problems, mismanagement, favoritism, and interpersonal drama that I've alluded to. That memory reminded me of something else: whatever its problems, Testimony is a good thing. It's a performing group, and performing groups will be riddled with drama until the end of time. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a good thing in my life - in many of your lives too, I believe - and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Secondly, thank you to all the Testimony girls who heart-attacked us (and thank you to Archimedes who informed me that we'd been heart-attacked). I don't know how the rest of the seven feel, but the black paper heart on my desk tells me that I'm loved by some very dear girls. Not that I wouldn't appreciate this anyway - or the fact that I didn't realize Blue Rose was heart-attacking us even though I ran into her while she was doing it - but the fact that this came on our day to do nice things for you ... well, if I wasn't feeling so terribly content like now I think I'd cry. Thank you all.

No comments: